SECURITY POLICY: The Company guarantees its commitment on matters of security and declares that all works conducted by its personnel, either ashore or onboard, will be effectively supervised in order to comply with the provisions of the ISPS Code. It is the policy of the Company to provide a secure working environment by establishing and maintaining the required security measures to prevent unlawful acts which endanger the safety and security of persons and property onboard the ship. Company objectives are to:
1. Provide security procedures and practices for ship operations to protect the security of ports and the wider community and establish safeguards to reduce the risk to crew, passengers and port personnel onboard.
2. Improve the security skills and awareness of Company personnel ashore and onboard In case there is a conflict between commercial interests and the aims of the Security Policy, the Master will give priority to this Policy and the above mentioned objectives which will be achieved by:
3. Comprehensive training for Company and ship personnel. The personnel undergo training both immediately upon hiring and continuously during their employment.
4. Actively promoting security awareness amongst Company and ship personnel.
5. Taking into account the decisions of the international shipping community.
6. Regular documented reviews and internal audits of security procedures and plans in order to allow for constant update and improvement of the Plan.
7. Scheduling in advance, as far as possible, the voyage, the cargo handling and all ship’s operations in order to foresee possible dangers and take the necessary precautions.
8. All employees and crewmembers are expected to comply with the requirements of the SSP and shall be familiar with their relevant security duties and the measures required to protect the ship from any unlawful act In the event of an attack on the ship or highjack attempt, the preservation of the lives of ship personnel is to be placed above all other considerations. The Company declares that the CSO, the Master and the SSO have adequate knowledge and/or have received training, that shipboard personnel with specific security duties have sufficient knowledge and ability to perform their assigned duties and that all other shipboard personnel have sufficient knowledge of and are familiar with relevant provisions of the SSP. The Company ensures that the CSO and SSO are given the necessary support to fulfill their duties and responsibilities in accordance with SOLAS and the ISPS Code. This Policy will be revised whenever necessary in order to ensure that the aims set are achieved and to monitor the correctness and effectiveness of the procedures and guidelines given.