DATA PROTECTION POLICY: European Union General Data Protection Regulation (in short: EU GDPR). From 25 May 2018, the European Union (‘EU’) General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’) will be in force. GDPR is designed to protect European citizen’s fundamental rights in relation to the “processing” of their personal data. “Processing” data means any operations performed on personal data such as collecting, recording, storing, adapting or otherwise making the data available. The shipping business is still a very unique way of doing business and despite digitalisation left, right and centre, we all together managed to keep the tradition and can suggest that EU GDPR will not hinder us staying in touch. In case you do NOT wish to receive circulars, personal emails, reports or invitations from us as from, 25th May 2018, please send us an email via the contact page of this website.
LEESHIPS is a third party shipmanagement and shipping services provider with representation in UK Europe and Asia.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA WILL LEESHIPS COLLECT FROM YOU? We will only collect personal data from you which we need in order to carry out our ordinary course of commercial activity. Infinity employees may have the following personal data on you: Name Email Address(es) Phone numbers(s) Country of residence This personal data will be held exclusively on our internal system and will therefore only be accessible to employees and IT department.
HOW WILL LEESHIPS USE THIS PERSONAL DATA? If your personal data is currently stored by LEESHIPS on its servers. LEESHIPS will use this personal data to carry out its business activities with customers and suppliers (predominantly shipmanagement (in house/exclusive vessels and third party/managed on behalf of clients, ship crewing and shipbroking (chartering and sales/purchase of vessels related activity).
WHO WILL LEESHIPS SHARE THIS PERSONAL DATA WITH? LEESHIPS will only share this personal data among its employees.
HOW LONG WILL LEESHIPS KEEP THIS PERSONAL DATA FOR? Your personal data will be kept on LEESHIPS system for the period of time that you and/or your employer has a business relationship with LEESHIPS. Your personal data will be deleted if we learn that you have left your employer, your employer ceases to be a supplier and/or customer of ours, or if your employer ceases to exist altogether. If none of these options applies and this personal data has been on our system for over 24 months without being used, it will be deleted.
WHAT RIGHTS DO YOU HAVE? You have the following rights under the GDPR regarding your personal data: That it will be processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner by LEESHIPS. That it will be collected for a specific purpose, which means that LEESHIPS:
1. Will only collect your personal data for specified, explicit, and legitimate purposes, and
2. Will not process your personal data in an incompatible manner with those purposes, except under limited circumstances.
3. That it will be kept minimal, which means that Infinity will ensure that your personal data is adequate, relevant, and limited to what is necessary for the purposes of processing.
4. That it is accurate, which means that LEESHIPS will ensure that your personal data is: correct and kept up to date, and amended or deleted without delay when inaccurate.
5. That it is easily accessible, which means that LEESHIPS will be able to provide you with details of the personal data they hold on you in a Word document or by e-mail.
6. That it is kept integral and confidential, which means that LEESHIPS keeps your personal data secure through appropriate technical and organisational measures against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage.
7. LEESHIPS IT Department is putting in place measures to ensure the personal data detailed above is protected on their servers. If any personal data were to unfortunately be hacked, LEESHIPS IT Department is also currently working towards having the personal data encrypted so that any leak would be unusable by the hacker. If the encryption fails and if the personal data stolen is significant, LEESHIPS will advise you as soon as possible if your personal data is at risk. IF YOU HAVE ANY CONCERNS? If you have any concerns about how LEESHIPS is using your information then initially you should contact the LEESHIPS GDPR Team via the contact page of this website and if your complaint remains unresolved then you can see our homepage www.LEESHIPS.com with the title "Attention GDPR team" in the subject. Of course we like to stay in touch with you even with the new EU GDPR in place. However, we assure you to delete all personal data you may request us to. In turn, we herewith authorise you to continue sending circulars, personal emails, reports and especially invitations to our email addresses.